4/25/07

Welcome!

Welcome and thank you for stopping by my new blog for the campaign. Today I announced that I was running for the City Council. Below is what went out to the media.

Hello, I am John Rathe today it is with great honor that I announce that I am running for the Duluth city council. I am going to run for the 3rd district council seat being vacated by councilor Stewart. As a long time resident of the 3rd district I understand the issues that face the district and the city.As you know current city councilor Russ Stewart has decided not to run for re-election I want to thank him for serving the 3rd district very well, during his time in office.

Councilor Stewart has shown a strong presence of fiscal responsibility. I would continue this. The city has many fiscal problems and we need a councilor that will watch the spending. There are many other reasons that I have decided to run as well. I believe the city needs to do a better job of acting business to the city. We also need to have better involvement of our youth. This includes improving our park and recreation areas.The 3rd district needs a strong voice for the future and I believe I am that voice.

I would like to thank my wife and my entire family for their support. Also all of those who have encouraged me to run for the council. With out your support I would not have made this tough but exciting choice.

If you would like more information about me or to set up an interview please call me at 218-590-5864 or email at ratheforcitycouncil@yahoo.com . Also for more on my campaign you can visit my blog at http://www.ratheforcouncil.blogspot.com/ . I also hope to have a web page soon. Thank you,John Rathe

No comments: